- What are cookies?
Cookies are small amounts of information that are stored on the computer, phone, tablet or any other device used by the user so that the server remembers certain information that can be used later. This information makes it possible to identify you as a specific user and to save your personal preferences, as well as technical information such as visits, browsing time on the website. The use of this information allows the server where the website is located to recognise the browser used by the user, allowing, for example, the registered user to access the areas without having to register on each visit and to remember their language preferences, country, etc. on future visits. This information can also be used to measure the audience and traffic parameters on the website and to show you personalised advertising based on your browsing habits.
- Who uses cookie information?
Asociación Española de Comisionados de Filmaciones, Cine y Televisión (hereinafter, “Spain Film Commission“) and other third parties use on the website www.spainscreentourism.com (hereinafter, the “Website“) the cookies detailed in the table included in section “5. What cookies are used on the Website” of this Cookies Policy. This table also indicates the external entities that use the information stored in the cookies managed by third parties.
- What type of cookies are used on the website and for what purpose s?
Spain Film Commission and other third parties use the following types of cookies on the Website for the purposes indicated below:
- Technical or functional cookies (necessary): these are those that allow browsing through the Website, the use of the different options or services and guarantee the correct functioning of the site. These cookies allow, for example, to control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access restricted areas, remember the elements that make up a purchase, carry out the purchase process, manage the payment, control fraud linked to the security of the service, count visits for the purpose of invoicing software licenses with which the service works, use security elements during browsing, store content for the broadcasting of videos or sound or enable dynamic content (e.g. animation of text or image loading).
- Preference or configuration cookies: these are cookies that enable information to be remembered so that the user can access the service with certain characteristics that may differentiate their experience from that of other users, such as, for example, the language, the number of results to be shown when the user performs a search, the appearance or content of the service depending on the type of browser through which the user accesses the service or the region from which the user accesses the service, etc.
- Statistical or analytical cookies: these cookies allow the monitoring and analysis of the behaviour of the users of the Website. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the Website, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the data on the use made by users of the service. These cookies analyse the number of visitors to the website and to different sections of it, the origin of the visits, day and time, platform, number of clicks on a banner, search words used by a user to find the desired content. In this way, Spain Film Commission uses a very useful means to be able to introduce improvements to the website and to know what content or design is most relevant to users.
- Behavioural advertising or marketing cookies: these are cookies that store information on user behaviour obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows a specific profile to be developed in order to display advertising based on the same.
- How to manage cookies?
- The configuration panel enabled by Spain Film Commission which can be accessed through the button [ ** ].
- Other third-party tools, available online, allow users to detect cookies on each website they visit and manage their deactivation (e.g. Ghostery).
The user can also activate:
- Private browsing, whereby your browser stops saving your browsing history, website passwords, cookies and other information from the pages you visit, or
- The do-not-track function, whereby the browser asks the websites you visit not to track your browsing habits.
Finally, we inform you that to allow, know, block or delete cookies installed on your computer or device you can do so by configuring your browser options or through the cookie configuration panel expressly enabled in it. Users can configure their browser at any time, disabling the installation of cookies and deleting those previously installed. If you do not allow the installation of cookies, you may not be able to access some of the functionalities and/or services of the Website and, therefore, your browsing experience may be less satisfactory.
For more information on how to manage cookies, please consult the different links of the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer:
- In the tools menu, select “Internet Options”.
- Click on the privacy tab.
- You can set privacy settings with a six-way slider that allows you to control the number of cookies that will be set: Block all cookies, High, Medium High, Medium (default level), Low and Accept all cookies.
- Mozilla Firefox:
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Tools menu.
- Select Options.
- Select the Privacy pane.
- In the Firefox option you can choose Use custom settings for history to configure the options.
- Google Chrome:
- Click on the menu in the toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Click Show advanced options.
- In the “Privacy” selection, click on the Content Settings button.
- In the Cookies selection, you can configure the options.
- In the configuration menu, select the “Preferences” option.
- Open the privacy tab.
- Select the option you want from the “block cookies” section.
- Please note that certain features and the full functionality of the Website may not be available after disabling cookies.
To give Website users the ability to prevent Google Analytics from using your data, Google has developed an opt-out browser add-on for Google browsers, which is available here here:
- What cookies are used on the Website?
The following table lists the cookies used on the Website so that you can identify them in your browser. This information table will be updated from time to time to reflect the cookies used at any given time. We recommend that you consult our Cookies Policy regularly.
Type of cookie
Acceptance of some of these cookies may involve the international transfer of data to third countries necessary for the operation of the services of our suppliers. The legal basis for such a transfer is your consent, expressed by consenting to the use of the cookies in question in each case. In any case, international data transfers will be made to countries with an adequate level of protection declared by the European Commission and/or on the basis of the provision of appropriate safeguards such as standard contractual clauses (Articles 45 and 46 of the General Data Protection Regulation).